Required from as soon as possible
21 hours per week x 42 weeks per year
(working days to include Wednesdays)
Salary: Grade C, Range 5 - 7
Starting at: £11,764
We are looking for a Science Technician to join our team and help to deliver experiences that inspire and engage our students. We are passionate about science and sharing its wonders with our students and are seeking a Science Technician to provide vital support for the provision of practical elements of learning from Key Stage 3 and 4, across biological, chemical and physical science areas, through to ‘A’ Level.
The successful applicant will support our Science Teachers in the preparation of practical lessons and should demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
• Excellent numeracy & literacy skills, including English & Maths Grade 4-9 or equivalent.
• Minimum GCSE Science Pass at grade 4 – 9 or equivalent.
• Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
• Have sound knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety regulations, including COSHH.
• Work to a high standard, be highly organised and work well as part of a team.
• Experience of ICT (Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook).
• Be flexible and able to multitask, as you will be dealing with numerous tasks at the same time.
• Be First Aid trained or willing to undertake training.
Closing date: 9am on 5th October 2023
Interview date: week commencing 9th October 2023
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Checks will also be made with previous employers.