Teacher of Technology
Part-time (FTE 0.4) - Permanent
Required from January 2024
Tor Bridge High in Plymouth, rated Good in all aspects by Ofsted in November 2021, was described as a school where “Teachers’ high expectations of pupils means that work is well presented and completed to a high standard”, that “The school prides itself on learning free from disruption.........pupils enjoy school and say that they feel safe” and “Staff and pupils have strong relationships”. As well as this endorsement Tor Bridge High has been oversubscribed for many years.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed teacher, who is able to teach Technology to Key Stage 3 & 4 with the possibility of KS5 Engineering for the right candidate.
We are a successful and thriving Technology faculty, looking to develop and maintain our provision of D&T and Engineering courses.
Experience of teaching a Design & Technology specialism at KS3 & 4 is essential, and experience of engineering workshop teaching would also be desirable, but not essential.
If you are:
• keen to join a school where you will be well supported and encouraged to develop professionally;
• passionate about outstanding teaching and learning;
• innovative, hardworking and an excellent practitioner;
• determined to support young people to enjoy learning and make good progress in Technology;
• a good team player, looking for a role in a well led, organised and resourced team.
then we would be delighted to hear from you.
An information pack and application form are available from the School website
Closing date: 9am on noon on Wednesday 4th October 2023
Interviews: week commencing 9th October 2023
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Checks will also be made with previous employers.